For people, who make a point of sleeping healthy and restful “cradle to cradle” natural rubber manufactured in the “Talalay-method” is not only environmental friendly and sustainable it also combines many further advantages. When producing a sustainable and orthopedic sleeping system, outstanding quality of raw materials should be regarded.
Natural materials like 100 % sheep wool, 100 % solid wood and 100 % natural rubber perfectly support your healthy sleep. Here, especially the combination of slat frame, mattress and bedding is important. A double-sided, flexible slat frame supports perfect pressure in relation to body weight and cares for sufficient support. This enhances microcirculation in the smallest blood vessels (capillaries). Optimal functioning of our cardio-vascular-system depends to 70 % on capillaries. The capillaries form a fine network in our body tissues as well as organs and enable the exchange of substances between the tissue and the blood. All capillaries put in a row would be about 150,000 km long!
Normally, natural rubber mattresses are amongst the heaviest on the market. Therefore, the base is very important. Due to a double-sided, freely suspended and highly flexible slat frame a natural rubber mattress of only 5 – 7.5 cm is needed for a dynamic-orthopedic sleeping. Like this, your 100 % natural rubber mattress remains easy-care and hygienic its total lifespan of more than 20 years.
- 100 % natural rubber mattresses with the “cradle to cradle” resp. QuL certificate actually consist of 100 % nature – meaning 100 % natural rubber. Even the materials needed (Sulphur and salts) for foaming/vulcanization are from natural origin.
- Unlike in viscoelastic foams often common, no chemical flame retardants are used.
- Guaranteed no evaporations of air- or water soluble toxicants (VOCs).
- 100 % natural rubber has an antibacterial effect and is resistant to dust mites and mold. Dust mites prefer a humid-warm surrounding which they will not find in natural rubber mattresses. Are you sensitive to dust mites? Then, using 100 % natural rubber mattresses often prevent resp. alleviate allergies and therewith support sleep.
- Its high breathability is unique. The cellular structure of natural rubber is very open and therefore ventilated like no other mattress core foam. This counteracts humidity and enables an optimal dry and warm microclimate in bed. Especially when combined with a sheep wool pad and cover. This combination is cooling in summer and warming in winter.
- Mattresses from 100 % natural rubber are also suitable for latex allergic persons. Because, this allergy normally is a “contact-allergy”. Due to the thick and solid shell made of kbA cotton there is no direct contact.
- These mattresses have a high tensile strength, are highly elastic and springy and ensure a high point elasticity. This creates a unique resilience and they fatigue less rapid than similar products made of synthetic foams.
- 100 % natural rubber reacts flexible on body pressure and therefore enables an orthopedic correct positioning and optimal regeneration of spine, intervertebral discs, muscles, tendons, ligaments as well as fascia structure. No pressure marks arise, especially when combined with a freely suspended slat frame. This prevents from back pain existing back pain gets “passive therapy” during sleep.
- 100 % natural rubber mattresses are non-electrically conductive and contain no metals. Therefore, they don’t couple to electromagnetic fields and don’t distort the natural earths’ magnetic field. This makes them the perfect choice for metal-free sleeping.
- 100 % natural rubber is five times thicker than e.g. polurethan foam. Out of this reason its life expectancy is about two to three times higher. 100 % natural rubber mattresses worldwide belong to the most durable mattresses with a life expectancy of at least 20 to 25 years.
- Consider the sensibility of natural rubber to heat and UV radiation. Mattresses made of 100 % natural rubber never should be exposed to direct sunlight. Because, with organic natural rubber mattresses UV impermeable covers are waived. An ideal cover of natural rubber mattresses consists of 100 % kbA cotton.
This post is also available in / Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch in: German