Colors and shapes significantly influence our perception and mood. This is one reason, why furnishing and decoration in your bedroom is important. But, is a colorful bedroom suitable for sweat dreams?
Colorful bedroom furnishing?
What to pay attention to when furnishing your bedroom:
- Sleeping underlay: This clearly is the most important element in your bedroom, since you are spending most time on it. No matter how beautiful and tasteful your bedroom is furnished – when you are sleeping on top of an unsuitable mattress your sleep most likely is going to be affected. Here, a nature-like, orthopedic sleeping underlay is advisable.
- Colors: The colors in your bedroom should be harmonious. Dark and shrill colors are activating and are rather not suitable. Better count on soft, decent colors in pastels. They have a calming and relaxing effect.
- Shapes: Try to prefer round, natural and sensuous shapes in decoration and wall design. Edgy, jagged or chaotic shapes draw too much attention; letting go and falling asleep relaxed becomes impossible.
- Furnishing: Remove unneeded and useless objects and furniture from your bedroom. Your bedroom should only be there for sleeping. Work, shelves etc. should find place in other rooms.
- Materials: Try to use natural materials wherever possible. A bed frame of non-varnished wood as well as a bedding made of bio-active sheep wool and natural fibers like cotton are perfect. Health burdens due to toxins etc. are prevented. Furthermore, a dry-warm bedding climate is achieved.
In the next article you will read about the characteristics of certain colors.
This post is also available in / Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch in: German