Most people have a favorite color which often is found in their home furnishings. But be careful! Not every colors are suitable for your bedroom. Some colors negatively affect sleeping quality or influence our mood. Learn more about the colors in your bedroom.
Colors in your bedroom
Generally, soft, subdued colors in pastel shades are suitable for your bedroom walls. They have a relaxing and calming effect. Dark and loud colors on the other hand are stimulating. But, don’t worry, you don’t have to do completely without your favorite color. Accessories like pillows, linen or a carpet might bring your preferred accents of color and care for well-being.
Influence of colors on sleeping quality
- Blue: shades of blue have a calming effect. In blue rooms our pulse slows down and falling asleep relaxed is supported.
- Green: shades of green transport rest, health, comfort and satisfaction. Just like blue, the color of life has a calming effect.
- Pink: pink often is associated with a room for girls. But, it also is suitable for adults. Because, pink too has a relaxing effect and hence is supporting sleep.
- Yellow: shades of yellow in your bedroom care for comfort. But, don’t use too much and too bright yellow. This will have the opposite effect and will appear oppressive.
- White: white stands for freshness and cleanness. But, when your bedroom only has shades of white it might seem cold and sterile. Here, some accessories in color (pillows, drapes, linen) quickly change this impression.
- Red and orange: these two colors stand for activity. They stimulate circulation and metabolism. Sleeping restfully is hardly possible. Therefore sparingly use these colors.
- Purple: strong tones like purple are activating. Just like red and orange use it sparingly. Light colors like lavender are more suitable.
Imagesource: @house of time vienna
This post is also available in / Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch in: German