Health depends on several factors. But, our lifestyle has the biggest impact. A healthy lifestyle includes a balanced nutrition, regular exercise as well as sufficient restful sleep. Especially healthy sleep is one of the most important health pillars. Healthy sleep significantly contributes to our physical and mental well-being. Good and sufficient sleep might even prevent from diseases and health disturbances. Persons who suffer under sleep disturbances, know the effects of insufficient and non-restful sleep. Bad sleep might cause symptoms like:
- Concentration disturbances and
- Head ache
But, sleeping problems might also trigger serious diseases. The risk for
- Cardio-vascular diseases
- High blood pressure and
- Diabetes II
What supports sleeping quality?
Besides a proper sleep surrounding, the proper sleep hygiene positively influences your sleeping quality:
- Plan your last meal of the day at least three to four hours before going to bed. But, not only the time influences your sleep. What you eat has an influence as well. Try to care for a balanced nutrition that submits all essential vitamins and minerals.
- Care for your fluid balance. Drink at least 1.5 l water, herbal teas or diluted juices.
- Avoid consuming cigarettes, alcohol and caffeine-containing beverages in the late afternoon and evening. These substances have an effect for three to five hours – your phase of falling asleep might be disturbed by them.
- Regular exercise and sport not only keep your body fit. Your sleeping behavior improves, too. But, don’t train too late in the evening since this is stimulating your circulatory. And, instead of being tired, you might feel wide awake.
- A regular sleep-wake-rhythm (regular times to get up and to go to bed) significantly contribute to a good sleeping quality.
- Relaxation techniques like yoga or autogenous training might support letting go everyday hectic and sorrows. This in turn supports falling asleep.
- Periodic ventilation, a dark bedroom and a room temperature from 16 to 18 °C create a pleasant sleep surrounding.
- A synchronized sleeping system supports optimal positioning of your body during sleep. Completed with natural materials like sheep wool you care for a pleasant bedding climate.
This post is also available in / Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch in: German