Normally, babies learn within their first six to eight weeks to differ between day and night. The number of waking phases during the day increase, sleeping phases during the night prolong. A regular daily routine and rituals help your baby to quickly and softly fall asleep. Also, they find a regular sleep-wake-rhythm. Learn here some effective tips that
Help your baby to quickly and softly fall asleep
- Bathing: A warm bath makes tired and eases falling asleep.
- Baby massage: There are several courses that teach baby massages. These massages not only strengthen your bonds but also relax.
- Putting on pajamas: This is a very simple ritual. But, your baby realizes that it is time to sleep. The diapers should be put on in a calm environment with only damp light.
- Physical contact: Physical contact and cuddles often are helpful when your baby can’t fall asleep. Sometimes, a soothing hand placed on baby’s tummy is enough and your baby will calm down and fall asleep.
- Sleeping in parents’ bedroom: Put a cot in your bedroom. Like this, your baby is close by for feeding. Also, your breathing rhythm has a positive effect on the breathing regulation of your baby.
- Correct bedroom temperature: Be careful, that the surrounding is neither too cold or too warm. The perfect temperature in your bedroom is from 16° to 18° Babies and infants require warmth but they also sweat fast. Care for a dry-warm bedding content and a material that easily transports humidity.
- Constant bedtimes: Care for a daily routine. Besides fixed meal times, constant bedtimes are important as well.
- Bedtime stories: Read short bedtime stories to your child. Your voice has a calming effect. Furthermore, you are conveying a pleasant feeling of security.
- Lullaby: Singing has the same effect as reading. A constant every-evening-ritual shows the baby that it’s time to sleep.
This post is also available in / Diesen Beitrag gibt es auch in: German